"James and Elizabeth Ater Vent House, 1906
This home was built in 1906 for James T. Vent and his wife Elizabeth. Vent was originally from Ohio and was a farmer in Piatt County. A recent owner was Donn Piatt, a great, great grandson of James Piatt, one of the City's founders. This house features the Colonial Revival style; rectangular shape, two and a half story, with replacement siding and paneled pilasters, and truncated hip roof. This cubic form is often found in Illinois. The porch features columns that are a combination of Tuscan and fluted Doric, a plain wood balustrade, and frieze with dentils. The second story above the porch has wide windows flanking a center square oriel with a beveled glass transom and a balsutrade inset into the porch roof. The main house roof projects over the oriel and has a full entreblature with dentils and overhanging boxed eaves. A gable roof dormer, whose Palladian style window breaks the dormers pediment, is set above the oriel and has a similar balustrade in front of its window. A wide window grouping on the south elevation is set under a beveled glass segmental arched transom.
The one and a half story carriage barn outbuilding (c. 1906) has a gable roof an replacement siding.