Historically known as the John E. Andrew Building. Original cast iron columns remain. Storefront cornice appears above later alterations. The second story has three 2/2 double-hung sash with some hoodmolds, labels, and keystone having a deep incised organic pattern. Broad plain parapet before a stretcher belt course which is removed below the decorative brick cornice of soldier sawtooth brick which begins at 100 and continues across 104 and 106. John E. Andrew was a furniture dealer and undertaker. Later uses were a restaurant with a cigar factory on the second story, a variety of grocery stores, clothing stores, a bowling alley and other restaurants including the Clodfleter Cafe.
The four buildings at 100 - 106 S. Charter reading as a united block were constructed in 1888 under separate ownership in the Italianate style.