Originally the City Hall, constructed in 1012, remodeled c. 1940, Classical Revival style. Dark mottled brick walls in brown and purplish brown contrast with white terra cotta trim. A soldier belt course runs atop the entrance. At either end o the facade are terra cotta hoodmolds with labels, one over the staircase door, and another at the south end bay indicating that original window or door opening which has been altered. A terra cotta block above the door surround has "City Hall" in raised lettering. The broad central bay is framed with a segmentally arched terra cotta molding which appears to have once extended to the ground. At the parapet base is a deep cornice with medallions. On the South elevation first floor is a band of windows and two pedestrian entries (altered), before being interrupted by what was originally a fire station/garage door which has been filed, but the recess remains unaltered; it is framed with a triple rowlock segmental arch. The name block of terra cotta marking "Fire Department" remains. On the parapet, aligned with this door, a cartouche has "FD" in raised letters. Later used as a hatchery (1936-1946), then Oehmke's IGA store until around 1968, followed by a hardware store and insurance business.