NOTICE TO BIDDERS
Site Remediation/Monticello/Viobin USA Corp. (Tract 8)
Time and Place of Opening Bids
Sealed bid proposals for the improvement described below will be received at the office of the City of Monticello, 210 North Hamilton Street, Monticello, Illinois, 61856 until 10:00 a.m. October 10, 2019.
Bid proposals will be opened and read publicly at 10:00 a.m. October 10, 2019 at the office of the City of Monticello.
Name: Site Remediation/Monticello/Viobin USA Corp. (Tract 8)
Owner: City of Monticello, 210 North Hamilton, Illinois, 61856.
Location: Tract 8 parcel is situated about 120 feet north-northeast of the intersection of Livingston and Park Streets, Monticello, IL
Site Description: Tract 8 is a triangular-shaped, undeveloped, grass-covered lot encompassing approximately 2,300 sq. ft.
- Complete removal and the proper disposal of all petroleum contaminated soil and demolition debris to a depth of four (4) ft. below the ground surface in accordance with the Illinois Environmental Protection Agency (IEPA) approved Remedial Action Plan, dated September 2018.
- Complete removal, abandonment, and sealing of five (5) shallow monitoring wells in accordance with Dewitt-Piatt Bi-County Health Department and Illinois Department of Public Health rules and regulations (77 Ill. Adm. Code 920).
- Furnish, place, and compact earthen soil backfill. Any soil brought onto site to backfill the remedial excavation must be demonstrated to meet Tier 1 residential remedial objectives for the parameters on the Target Compound List in 35 Ill. Adm. Code 740, Appendix A.
- Excavated soils and demolition debris shall be properly managed and disposed in accordance with local, State and Federal rules and regulations.
- Perform all incidental work necessary to meet the requirements of the approved Remedial Action Plan.
- Plans, specifications and bid proposal forms will be available in the office of City Clerk, 210 North Hamilton Street, Monticello, Illinois, 61856.
- Engineering reports (Comprehensive Site Investigation & Remedial Objectives Report and Remedial Action Plan) will be available for review in the office of City Clerk.
- Owner contact: Terry Summers, 217-762-2583.
- Engineer for project is Farnsworth Group, Inc., 2709 McGraw Drive, Bloomington, IL, 61704. Contact: Zach Knight, P.E., 309-663-8435, firstname.lastname@example.org .
- The work shall be substantially complete within 30 calendar days and final completion within 45 calendar days. An optional pre-bid proposal meeting and site visit is scheduled at 10:00 a.m. September 24, 2019.
All bid proposals must be accompanied by a bid proposal guaranty in the form of a bank cashier’s check, certified check, or bid bond for not less than Ten Percent (10%) of the amount of the bid proposal as a guarantee that if the bid proposal is accepted, the bidder will execute the contract and other contract documents and file acceptable bond and proof of insurance within fifteen (15) days after the award of the contract and before the start of the Work.
Bidders will be required to comply with President’s Executive Order No. 11246, as amended. The requirements for Bidders and Contractors under this Order are explained in 41 CFR 60-4.
Other pertinent information applicable to the form of the Bid, the manner of its submission and the documents that must accompany it are included in the contract documents, all of which are, by this reference, incorporated herein and made a part hereof.
- The City of Monticello reserves the right to reject any non-responsive or non-responsible bid proposals or to reject all bid proposals and to waive any informalities or technicalities in the interest of the Owner.
- This project shall be subject to the Illinois Prevailing Wage Act, Davis-Bacon Act, and labor rates adopted by the City of Monticello.
- The Contractor must ensure that their employees and applicants for employment are not discriminated against because of their race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
- Attention is called to provisions of the Fair Employment Practices Act of the State of Illinois. The Contract entered into shall be conditioned as provided by law.
- Attention is called to the provisions of the “Preferences to Citizens (Illinois) on Public Works Projects Act”, Chapter 48, Sections 269-275 of the Illinois Revised Statutes. The Contract entered into shall be conditioned as provided by law.
- Bidders need not return the entire contract proposal when bids are submitted unless otherwise required. Portions of the proposal that must be returned include the following:
Notice to Bidders
Contract Schedule of Prices
Bid Proposal Guarantee
- The quantities appearing in the bid schedule are approximate and are prepared for the comparison of bids. Payment to the contractor will be made only for the actual quantities of work performed and accepted or materials furnished according to the contract. The scheduled quantities of work to be done and materials to be furnished may be increased, decreased or omitted as hereinafter provided.
- Submission of a bid proposal shall be conclusive assurance and warranty the bidder has examined the plans and understands all requirements for the performance of work. The bidder will be responsible for all errors in the bid proposal resulting from failure or neglect to conduct an in-depth examination. The City of Monticello will, in no case be responsible for any costs, expenses, losses or changes in anticipated profit resulting from such failure or neglect of the bidder.
- The bidder shall take no advantage of any error or omission in the bid proposal and advertised contract.
- All bid proposals shall be submitted in a sealed envelope. The outside of the envelope shall be clearly marked with the following:
The word “Bid Proposal” at the top.
Bidder’s name and address.
When sent by mail, the sealed bid proposal shall be addressed to the City of Monticello at the address and in care of the official in whose office bids are to be received. All bid proposals shall be filed prior to the time and place specified in the Notice to Bidders. Bid proposals received after the time specified will be returned to the bidder unopened.
- Permission will be given to the bidder to withdraw a proposal if the bidder makes the request in writing or in person before the time for opening bid proposals.
- Successful Bidder shall provide to the City of Monticello, a certificate of insurance listing the City of Monticello and the Farnsworth Group, Inc. as additional insureds.
By Order of
City of Monticello, Illinois
Dated August 27, 2019
Note: All proposal documents, including Proposal Guaranty Checks, should be stapled together to prevent loss when bids are processed.